Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Be sure you talk to everyone"

We had our company cookout and it was a LOT of fun. I got to meet almost everyone. Allyson and I went up a day ahead of time so that we could look at cabins we hadn't seen yet and Whitney and Heather came up on Saturday. We all got to stay in Seth's Red Oak Lodge since that's where the party was going to be held.

On Friday Allyson and I got to see a lot of the Gatlinburg cabins. Seeing the cabins help soooo much when making the reservations. We did see a lot but I still haven't been able to see Always and Forever or Aaron's Nest. I think we looked at 10 cabins from 8am-2pm. Trying to find Above and Beyond was a task that we were not able to accomplish, it became our "Mission Impossible". We went back to Seth's so that we could freshen up and look presentable when our coworkers arrived.

Heather and Whitney made it in time to help me decide which shirt to wear and how to wear my hair. Then downstairs we went to meet and greet. Mrs. P told us to be sure we talked to everyone. I think we arose to that task. Since a lot of our coworkers were bringing their families we knew it was going to get difficult to remember names. Especially for me considering I have the worst memory ever. Poor Tom's wife, she lost her name completely and became Mrs. Tom. She's not the only one that happened to though. Maria's husband became Mr. Maria. Everyone was a good sport about it though. Brandon brought his wife Brandy which I found funny and tried to figure out what their children's names will be. I was definitely looking forward to seeing Michelle since she's pregnant and I had not been up in the area since she found out. Her little belly was cute and it even got a name tag. Cheryl and Norman were there and I was happy to see them. We call Cheryl for almost everything so anytime we get to see her in person is a "treat". For some reason Norman was wearing an orange shirt with a Tennessee hat on. I guess he thinks Tennessee is a good team or something (haha). It was so good to see everyone and the people that are important to them. I want to have another company cookout.

When it came time to eat we weren't disappointed. Mr. and Mrs. Plimpton put together a great menu. The chicken Mr. Plimpton grilled was amazing. If I could have eaten it all I would have. I didn't hear anyone complain about the food at all. Thanks to the Plimpton's for putting it all together. I know they put a lot of effort into it. After eating they gave out awards to everyone which really helped the morale I believe. It's always good to know that you're appreciated and they always make sure we know that.

As everyone was finishing up pictures started being taken. Heather and I take pictures of everything so we weren't about to miss this opportunity. Everyone had to smile for the camera at least 2 times. We took our office picture too which came out really good. Of course it did though, we take good pictures.

No comments: